Building Our First House - Updated Progress Photos


hi beauties!

Its been a busy few weeks at the future Bentley home! :) After a very rainy period, we are finally under roof (and shingled!) and things have been rolling since then. If you didn't see my last post with earlier progress pics and a few unfortunate setbacks, be sure to catch up HERE.

We are currently in the insulation/ drywall process as we near the end of August. I cant believe how fast the months are flying by! Can't wait to be in our new home in October, eek! :D
Here are some updated progress photos for you all... 


8.8
Under roof! windows & doors are in, 
waiting on shingling






French doors off the breakfast nook (upgrade)





Half Moon Window in the Kitchen (upgrade)





Living Room





Kitchen






Guest Bedroom/ Future Filming Room! :D





Guest Bedroom





Guest Bathroom



Laundry Room (converted from 4th bedroom, upgrade)




Master Bedroom




Master Closet




Master Shower (upgrade)




 Front Door & Sidelights (upgrade)




8.9
Roof finally Shingled! :) 
























8.14
Brick laid






















Our first "Oopsie!" Wrong foyer window was installed originally ;)
 (Wrong one on left, new/correct one on right) 




























Master Bathtub! I'm a wee bit excited about this (upgrade)





8.16
Electrical & Plumbing work started




8.21
Front Porch Columns Added




8.24
Insulation in & Sheet Rock delivered!




Back of the House



I also wanted to note, I do not intend to brag by clarifying which options were (upgrades). I follow quite a few home building blogs, and always like to know which options/ upgrades people chose; as these can sometimes be some of the hardest decisions to make during the home building process. So hopefully someone will find this helpful :) I should be visiting the house sometime this week to get some new photos once drywall is finished, and will be sure to share! Be sure to,
  and leave me some love in the comments below! 





Comments

  1. I love how everything is coming a long! I'm so excited for you Wendy!!! I hope that one day tom and I will build our dream home from scratch like you guys! This looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You going to have a pool in your house that would be pretty to stare outside in a pool. :D Plus think of all the cooling off days in summer you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a house warming will be just as the weather cools down! How fitting and cozy, looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy are you having your laundry room on the upstairs level? If so PLEASE make sure you do extra reinforcements on the floors to support it. Many builders do NOT unless you pay more for it and with all the new laundry machines so powerful these days it will shake your house. Sadly im the second owner of my home and my entire home shakes when I do laundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, our laundry room will be upstairs. I will have to ask our builder what precautions they've taken. thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  5. Your house is looking good already. How exciting! congrats btw on building your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! It will be nice to be finally moved in once it is done. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can it be October already??!! I'm ready to see the finished product :) I'm sure you are ready to get moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new home is beautiful! And by the way I love your crap videos:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your post and got it quite informative. I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here. Toronto framing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casual Fall Outfits + How To Wear Leg Warmers!

Dollar Store DIY | Makeup & Jewelry Stand

DIY Farmhouse Table & Dining Set Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®