Building Our First House - Our Flooring Choices

 ❤  HI Beauties ♥ 

Hope all of you have been well, I apologize for the lack of house updates! The weather here in Maryland has been less than ideal for the past couple of weeks, and things have been messy and slow going over at our homesite. Needless to say, we've all been a little stressed with the situation. The countdown to our closing date is on now! This weekend will mark exactly 2 months until the big day, and unfortunately I don't think we will be moving in on time at this point :(

On a lighter note, I still have lots of exciting interior features to share with you beauties! Today I wanted to show you our flooring choices for our new home. I've only seen most of these finishes and colors in sample sizes at the design center thus far, so I'm really excited to see how they come together in the house! Just for reference, the hardwoods, thicker carpet padding and aruba tile in the master bath were all upgrades. Vinyl and carpeting were standard options.

 ♥  OUR FLOORING CHOICES ♥ 


Oak Hardwood in Butterscotch 3-1/4
(Foyer, Dining Room, Kitchen, Breakfast Nook & Powder Room)





Carpet- Full Court in Honeycomb
w/ Upgrade II Pad
(Family Room & Bedrooms)





Vinyl - 66180
(Laundry Room)







Vinyl- 66190
(Hall Bath)




Ceramic Tile in Aruba Sand
(Master Bath)




Let me know what you think of our selections!? 
I was a bit skeptical of putting hardwoods in the kitchen & breakfast nook at first; imagining water damage etc! But I really love the warm, inviting feel that hardwood flooring provides and talked to a few friends who had positive experiences with hardwoods throughout.
I'd love your thoughts on this as well! :) 
xoxo.





Comments

  1. I'm all about the hardwood! My dream house would have it everywhere. Good selections. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like dark better but that's just me of course ;) From friends that have hardwood floor at the entrance it's a lot of cleaning since it's noticable from the light coming into the house. Sorry I don't mean to sound negative. Really like your titles you chose. Continue enjoying the house process very step is exciting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Yea it will definitely be a lot of cleaning, so im prepared for that! ;) We would have gone with a darker hardwood but our dog is a very heavy shedder and has light hair, so we've learned not to have dark anything in the house! haha

      Delete
  3. I love it all! That's the color of my floors--butterscotch wood color--and I love, love, love it!! It's so light and clean and airy; I never get tired of looking at it :) I love picking out colors and things... I'd be in Heaven with a Lowe's/Home Depot shopping spree <33 Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay ! im so glad you love yours!! We were originally going to go with a gunstock colored hardwood (one shade darker than butterscotch) but decided against it. I agree that the lighter wood gives a much lighter, airier feel! I'm excited for how it will look with white furniture as well :) thanks so much for the love !xo

      Delete
  4. Been watching your videos in you tube and now come to realize we both live in Maryland! Congrats on the new house, how exciting!

    Www.beautybetold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayyy! MD girls!! :) born and raised! ;)
      thanks for the love! xo

      Delete
  5. Love hardwood! We'll be doing that or stained concrete in the kitchen when my husband & I build our house. I'll be doing as little tile as possible as I think it's harder to keep looking nice.. hate dirty looking grout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I've seen pinterest photos with the stained concrete, really neat option!! and oh my gosh, im the same way with grout! yuck! ;)

      Delete
  6. Although vinyl can be cost effective it's a bit of a 'no-no' if you have a choice. Tiles - even the cost effective ones are nicer for wet rooms. The finished product always looks a little more worth it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went with all tile in the master bath, but I didnt see tile as a good option for the guest bathroom. We are planning on children in the near future and I just imagine them hurting themselves on the hard floor :/ I also hate dirty grout! lol Plus vinyl was a standard option, so it wont hurt to replace it later ;)

      Delete
  7. I love it all!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!! I'm thinking y'all should become a mommy n daddy after its done haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all details that you give in your articles about flooringget more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. tiling contractors London

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casual Fall Outfits + How To Wear Leg Warmers!

Dollar Store DIY | Makeup & Jewelry Stand

DIY Farmhouse Table & Dining Set Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®