Building Our First House - Dunkirk Model

HI Beauties.

As many of you know, I have been a bit MIA for the past few months in the youtube/blogging world. With my husband's detachment from the Navy, starting a new job, and moving back to Southern Maryland; things have been hectic! But we've also been very busy with something exciting! ... 

My Husband and I are Building Our First Home !!!

In our 6 years as a Navy family (hubby served for 8) we have had to move quite a bit. While we have both loved exploring new cities, I'm not sure that we ever grew completely accustomed to the many "joys" of renting *note sarcasm* ;]
 Now that my husband is a civilian, we are finally ready to put down roots in our hometown and start our lives in our first true "home" together. Of course I will be taking all of my favorite beauties along with us on our journey. I will be sharing our new home decisions, trials, tribulations and exciting updates with all of you! 

So far our experience has been a lot of fun! and im not gonna lie, a bit of stress too ;) I knew that building a new home would entail a lot of decision making but even "I" couldn't have prepared for all of these choices! 
So i'm hoping that my house blog posts will not only keep you all updated with us, but also provide some info and recommendations for those of you who might be in the process of buying or building a new home as well :]





OUR MODEL - THE DUNKIRK Elevation A





Dunkirk Model with similar exterior colors (not our house hehe)-






Comments

  1. OH MY GOSH !!! Southern Maryland!? I LIVE THERE :) Crazy to think that you are like one of my freaking idols on youtube & now you are like soooo close to home!! Awesome! I hope i get to meet you and become BFF's haha!!! ENJOY <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for somd'ers! :D thank you so much for the love!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh!! CONGRATS BABES!!!! so exciting!! I love ittt hehehe reminds me of my new house ;) eeek i can't wait to actually see your house when it's all done and all!!! ohh soo exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much love!!! your new home is gorgeous! :) im loving seeing how you're decorating! thats definitely the part im most looking forward to :)

      Delete
  3. Very charming, if you can, try to incorporate some brownstone on the bottom and shingle in the peaks! You will love the way it really adds that POP to the curb appeal! Good luck, sooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you love! I wish we had those options with our builer, but unfortunately we only had a few stone choices for our particular model, and all of them took away the option of a front porch, so we passed.

      Delete
  4. Congrats! owning your 1st home is such a joy! You will love it. Plus being able to settle down now im sure will be amazing for you and your husband. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats..you will love all the privacy!!! Owning is great and imagine all the changes you can make without having to get permission from a landlord. For get all noisy neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited for the freedom! painting the walls will feel great! ;) haha thank you love!

      Delete
  6. Yay congratulations I know you and the hubby are so excited. Andi must say with your great taste and personality the inside is going to look AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you love!! I'm esp excited for it to be done so I can start decorating! ;)

      Delete
  7. How exciting Wendy! I can just imagine how good it will feel to settle into your own home...fun, a lot of hard work...And fun again... thanks for Allowing all of us to ride along on your journey! oxo Care & Baxter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I am in the process of finishing off my new home design, and I couldn't be more excited to finally get underway with construction. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are many ideas and ways for starting to buy those furnishings. Next will be a discussion of some ideas how to get started buying the right accessories.
    bling placemats

    ReplyDelete

  11. ولكن يتم اكتشافها عن طريق روث البراز على نطاق واسع ، وغالبًا ما توجد ثرثرة في الأماكن التي يوجد بها طعام أو حيث يتم تحضيرها ، ويمكن تجميل السالمونيلا ويمكن العثور على نفاياتها على السجاد والستائر والأقمشة بشكل كبير
    شركة مكافحة حشرات
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
    شركة رش مبيدات بالخبر

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casual Fall Outfits + How To Wear Leg Warmers!

Dollar Store DIY | Makeup & Jewelry Stand

DIY Farmhouse Table & Dining Set Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®