Building Our First House - Color Selection Appointment & Design Center


HI Beauties.

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you for the heartfelt well wishes and congratulations on our new home news! We are so excited to be sharing this exciting time with all of you! 

and so our Journey begins... 


Since choosing our home lot and signing our contract in April, we have anxiously awaited our June color selection appointment at our builder's design center.

 The "color selection appointment" is essentially a 8 hour long day where you choose absolutely EVERYTHING for your house. (Yes, I said 8 HOURS) lol. To avoid completely overwhelming yourself, I highly recommend visiting your home builder's design center or showroom as many times as possible PRIOR to your appointment and contract signing. I'm fairly confident that the employees at our design center thought I was totally crazy; as I must have visited nearly 10 times with my husband and mom in a two month period ;) 






However trust me when I say, you will save tons of time and stress if you make most of your decisions and choices in advance. 
Making these selections before your contract signing and appointment will also give you a better idea of what you can afford and where your final home price might end up. Our agent was very impressed when my husband and I showed up to our contract signing with an Excel document listing all of our color choices and pricing. We were prepared far ahead of time, and because of this; were able to work more deals with our builder than someone who didn't know what they were interested in.

It's also helpful to visit the design center a few times if you're a bit indecisive like myself ;)  Our cabinets went from maple spice to toffee; floors were ceramic tile and then gunstock, and finally, a wider plank butterscotch.. and that's just the tip of the ever changing iceberg ya'll! hehe


Be prepared to make (at least!) the following choices at your color selection appointment:
- Exterior choices (siding type/color, roof color, brick/stone color, garage door style, gutters, windows, front door, lighting, lockset)
-Interior choices (flooring type and colors, house trim, door style, fireplace mantle and marble, all countertops, cabinets for kitchen and bathrooms, all hardware and fixtures, placement of electrical and multimedia outlets, appliances, stairs, shower/tub and toilet styles, alarm system and structured wiring)
* Any structural changes will typically need to be made before your color selection. including, home extensions, decks, sunrooms, layout changes, etc).


Have you ever been through a color selection appointment? Did you find all of the choices stressful?

I will be sharing all of OUR color selections with you beauties in my next few posts! :) 
BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR EMAIL UNDER "SUBSCRIBE" (top right of my blog) to keep up with our home building progress! and follow this blog :) 
xoxo.







Comments

  1. I can't wait to see everything come together! This is so exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was a lot of choices, but it will definitely be excited to see it all in the end :)

      Delete
  2. This is so exciting, I cant wait to do the same thing when my husband is out of the military!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.google.dk/search?q=scandinavian+indoor+design&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4grcUbjxFcmRtAbZq4D4BQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1145&bih=634

    Tjeck this for inspiration. It is scandinavian indoor design.
    I come from Denmark and we like this.

    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great point to check everything out a bunch of times in advance. It would be SO stressful to make ALL those decisions in 8 hours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I'd like to share some of new ideas-
    1. Skate-park Room
    2. Fire Pit Table
    3. Backyard Office
    4. Indoor Slide
    5. Catwalk Around The House
    6. Table Firepit
    Anything else?
    Best wishes-
    John

    ReplyDelete
  6. A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside an ideal opportunity to talk about that, I feel unequivocally about this thus truly like becoming more acquainted with additional on this sort of field. Do you psyche upgrading your blog entry with extra knowledge? It ought to be truly helpful for every one of us. HOA Management Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. hamptonbaylighting.co

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.. town planning

    ReplyDelete
  9. First one is always special to someone. Everyone wants to get the mesmerizing one. You can have us to get the best and accurate design of your building with draft of 3D model Houston, Texas. It helps you to understand the actual design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! Real Estate Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful article, Which you have shared here about the custom house building. Your article is very informative and I liked your way to express your views in this post. I am thankful to you for sharing this article here. new custom home builder Mooresville

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. sửa chữa nhà trọn gói

    ReplyDelete
  13. In the event that your building work really requires Planning Permission you should ensure you discover who is assuming the liability of acquiring it. This could be you, your developer or even your creator. בניית בניין

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. Empresa de reformas de locales

    ReplyDelete
  15. This blog is so stunningly outstanding. Left its readers in the awe.
    southend builders

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is truly a nice and useful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing. best solar powered motion security lights

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. what should my pressure tank be set at

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. car safety harness for dogs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. best affordable vacuum for pet hair

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. golden retriever grooming guide

    ReplyDelete
  22. In the United States, most graduates of interior design programs are employed by architectural and engineering firms, specialized firms providing design services, and furniture stores. Of the, architectural and engineering employers tend to offer the best salaries. organic bedroom furniture

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. house painters New lenox

    ReplyDelete
  24. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... Home Security Systems

    ReplyDelete
  25. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. roofer Dallas Tx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. singapore renovation

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. premium carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  28. will tell you in this article what some of these categories are and also, share some details about each one of them. triple bunk bed

    ReplyDelete
  29. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... utica locksmith

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. sell my house fast

    ReplyDelete
  31. Step by Step Reviews on Tools related to Woodworking, Automotives Blacksmiths Must Haves Guide

    ReplyDelete
  32. Outdoor garden shed designs for vehicles should have strong foundation. You might pick from concrete, https://www.themiddlesizedgarden.co.uk/growing-dahlias-everything-need-know/ concrete block, pressure-treated lumber, brick, or plywood sheets to assist the complete structure. The roof height must give adequate room for visitors to move around in and out as the doors might be single, double, or roll-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casual Fall Outfits + How To Wear Leg Warmers!

Dollar Store DIY | Makeup & Jewelry Stand

DIY Farmhouse Table & Dining Set Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®